Born in Verona, Veneto, 1931. After architecture studies at the Politecnico, he attended the Umanitaria School in Milan under Max Huber, becoming his assistant from 1950 to 1954. He started working as a freelance designer in 1957, collaborating with the Castiglioni brothers. In 1967 he joined Unimark International working in the U.S.A. and South Africa. Once back in Italy, he founded Studio Signo in 1974 with Giulio Cittato and Laura Micheletto. He served major clients including Brionvega, Edison, Gavina, Olivetti, Pirelli, Porsche, Regione Emilia-Romagna, and La Rinascente. In 1956 he was awarded a Compasso d’Oro. Member of ADI and AGI, he was President of AGI Italy for ten years. He taught at the Scuola Politecnica di Design in Milan, and published three books about graphic design.