Born in Milan, Lombardy, 1910. Trained as a scenographer, he started working in advertising around 1928. The friendship and collaboration with Marcello Nizzoli, Bruno Munari, and Edoardo Persico pushed him to experiment with shapes and materials, taking him from Constructivism to the rationalism of the exhibitions he planned for the Milan Triennale. During his career he served several prominent companies including Fiat, Lanerossi, Mondadori, Montecatini, Tecno, and Ideal-Standard for which he designed the house organ from the late 1950s to the late 1960s. He also collaborated with Domus and L’Ufficio Moderno magazines designing several covers. After retiring from the profession, he dedicated himself to painting and sculpture. He died in Lugano, Switzerland, 1991.