Born in 1912 in Chieri, Piedmont. He graduated in architecture from the Politecnico University of Turin and was apprenticed in typography at Istituto Grafico Bertieri, where he worked for Risorgimento Grafico magazine. From 1938 to 1940 he worked at renowned Studio Boggeri serving major companies such as Max Meyer and Olivetti. As an independent designer, he worked as a graphics consultant to Midy Pharma and designed posters for Piccolo Teatro and covers for Edizioni di Comunità, Campo Grafico and Urbanistica magazines. He founded the Rinascita School for Advertising Design in Milan with Luigi Veronesi, and lectured at the Parma Arts Institute and the Ravenna Academy of Fine Arts. His work has been exhibited at the 7th Triennale of Milan and was awarded the 10th Triennale Gold Medal in 1954. He died in 1983 in Milan, Lombardy.