Born in Albairate, Lombardy, 1909. He studied at the Brera Academy, the Sforza Castle Art College, and the Umanitaria School of Design in Milan. In 1933 he cofounded with Carlo Dradi the pioneering Campo Grafico magazine, the first modern Italian graphics magazine. Two years later he moved to Buenos Aires and opened a large publishing company collaborating with Jorge Luis Borges. Once the war was over, he returned to Milan and cofounded again with Carlo Dradi the Centro Studi Grafici, editing its bulletin for a long time. He also joined Linea Grafica magazine working as its editor from 1952 to 1959. During his whole career he also worked as an artist and his paintings are part of the collection of major museums including the MoMA in New York. He was awarded numerous recognitions including the Triennale Gold Medal, and the Milan City Council Award for Art and Culture. He died in Milan, Lombardy, 1994.